Wiki and Art/Lore dump?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Li_Li_Lynx #1 Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

Ensign

• Players

Is there an offical Lore wiki site we can check and is there a place I can dump my Orion based line art? (That I'll be drawing up in the coming week(s) and so on... I'd love to just have a fan art submission?

Something Like Blizzard has, a Media Tab where there is a Fan Art section... 

Or even as a suggestion, have steam links... So... Hear me out on this... 

When you have the voice over and alike of the races is lovely! - but what about the nitty gritty stats?

-population... (What does 1 little worker count as for population... 1 billion... 1 million? etc etc... (added this within "Extras" tool tips))

-Cultural tag/themes... (This planet is inspired by X random thing in their culture at this time...) Could be references to a fleat battle or so on... Binding into a expanded moral system...

- Race Ageing = to human as the main tag point... Marrshan live to 700 = to the age of 130 for humans... for EXAMPLE ;P

-Culture based, where One race might completely hate another just due to political views... 

-Can add politcal standings... and flesh out details like the Sakkra brood, how the leader has his "family" and keeps spreading around... - thats what we've been told but can detail things like this explaining that A better son can fight for the rights of leadership.. so on so on... how humans have Demacratic things.. but there is a Rivalry in ideal  leadership systems... 

I dunno, I might be ranting on for too much and asking for too much detailed lore... /shrug 

Either way Maybe a Story mode for single player... where you don't want 1 end goal, but you play as a fleat commander, and help defend or expand your race, slowly working up to leader of the race as you win and so on so forth... that can be a nice story telling aspect, to getting deep into the richer lore that can be had with each race.

Too much I guess? :P

-Li Li

Birdie_Sparrow #2 Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

The Guardian

• WG Staff
There is an official wiki: http://masteroforion...r_of_Orion_Wiki

​A lot of people have started putting art up on the official steam page where we do have an art tab.

For race lore we have an extensive background developed - motivations, gods, major cities, politics, etc that we keep expanding, We do have plans to start releasing some of this information to help players develop their own fan fic, art and what have you if they want to stay "official". But hey its a huge galaxy so there is always room for interpretation!

Li_Li_Lynx #3 Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

Ensign

• Players

Epic! 

Like in starwars there is X set times this is what happened everything else fan fic can be free writing 

Thank you for the response <3 - I'll get doodling and finger smashing!

GeneralDirection #4 Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:07 PM

WG Staff

• Administrator

For artwork specifically, there is the community hub on Steam that you can upload art to. We will be featuring art uploads there in our community recap articles.

Here's a link to the hub: http://steamcommunity.com/app/298050 and the artwork section: http://steamcommunit.../298050/images/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users